Cowley County Humane Society
There are a variety of ways you can share your time and talents with us! The first step is to attend volunteer orientation at the shelter. You can check out our Fundraising and Events page for the next available orientation on the calendar and contact the shelter to get signed up! 620-221-1698
Working with the Animals
· Animal Care: Feeding, cleaning and caring for shelter animals, providing for their comfort and well being.
· Grooming: Helping the shelter animals feel healthy and cared for by brushing, bathing and grooming.
· Dog Walking: Physical demands may vary, but there is always a group of dogs that will fit your needs and the dogs benefit tremendously from the exercise and human companionship.
· Socializing: Working with puppies, kittens or assigned dogs and cats to make them more sociable.
· Foster Parent: Fosters newborn litters of puppies and kittens, animals on hold for rescue or special needs animals, in their own home for an agreed upon period of time.
Working for the Animals
· Administrative Support: Filing, bookkeeping, data entry and more in a busy office environment with people and animals.
· Adoption Assistant: Screening potential adopters, answering questions from the public with patience and compassion for animals and people.
· Adoption Follow-up: Calling people who have adopted shelter animals to ask if they have any problems or questions concerning their pets, and to verify if their pet has been spayed/neutered.
· Shelter Hosts: Assisting people when they enter the shelter to find animals and to answer their questions with patience and compassion.
· Humane Education: Talking to schools and other groups about animal welfare issues.
· Special Events: Working with the special events committee at fund raising and public relations events.
· Public Display Volunteer: Assisting staff in fund raising and promotional events with display board and information.
· Special Projects: Working with staff on various special projects as they arise.
· Behavioral Assesser: Assist staff with conducting canine and feline behavioral assessments.
· Medical Assistant: Learn to conduct various diagnositic testing, assist with vaccinations, medications and wormer as well as spay/neuter surgeries.
· Technical, Professional, Skilled Trades: e.g. Photographers, internet updaters, house painters, gardeners/landscapers, electricians, plumbers and other special talents.Type your paragraph here.